Wednesday 9 March 2011

How it all Began

I thought I would start a new blog around my growing hobby of box making alongside my regular photography blog

My day job is brushmaking which is a unusual profession to say the least and in spring 2009 I was asked to sponsor the Best Watercolour painting in the annual open exhibition of the Hertford Art Society the prize being a very large artist's brush made in a traditional fashion. So I got to thinking how best to present this prize and with a love of wooden things already a box seemed the obvious choice and this was the result.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Made from one solid piece and I guess looking back it was a little crude but it was well recieved at the time and had a very tactile feel to it. Oh and those magnets were just a little too strong so you had to watch your fingers!

Since then my work has become more refined, in the coming weeks I shall bring this up to date with some of my other projects thus far and then post new work as it comes along.

CM2011

No comments:

Post a Comment